Charley Hafen Jewelers – Gallery provides jewelry appraisal services by a Graduate Gemologist.
Also, Charley Hafen Jewelers – Gallery will evaluate an estate to determine which items merit appraisal and which do not. This is at no cost to the customer.
Care at the highest level of the profession is given in the examination and appraisal of your jewelry. Professional appraisal services we provide include:
- Jewelry appraisal for insurance purposes
- Detailed jewelry appraisals for insurance replacement and all information needed for attaching riders to your general insurance policy for the specific coverage of your jewelry.
- Determining values to settle estates
- Sorting through an estate to determine the jewelry items that merit appraisal
- Determining fair market value of jewelry before purchase or sale
- Advice on re-sale and appropriate sale venues
- Authentication certificate for jewelry sale
- Determination of emergency sale value
- High-quality photographs for documentation of your jewelry are included as part of each appraisal.
Plotting major stones for “fingerprinting” - Stones have unique characteristics similar to finger prints. A Graduate Gemologist can develop a scientific plot mapping the qualities and characteristics unique to your stone. Our appraiser is an expert in identifying treatments and processes used on stones to alter their color and appearance.
Our appraiser is a Graduate Gemologist from the Gemological Institute of America, who maintains a high level of integrity, and utilizes expert abilities in the science and art of gem grading and appraising.
Charley Hafen Jewelers – Gallery carries insurance to cover items you drop off at the Jewelers for appraisal. It is also possible to schedule a face-to-face appraisal meeting with our appraiser, if needed.